Thursday, May 31, 2007

Academic Writing I : A Memorable Event in My Life - rough draft

A Memorable Event in My Life

The hardest time in my life was when I lived alone. I wanted to earn money to study English in Australia, so I decided to work in a fabric company instead of military. This company had three work times. 08:30~16:30, 16:30~00:30, 00:30~08:30. Work time was changed every week. At first, I lived in dormitory with two coworkers, but each of our work times was different. It was very inconvenient, so I decided to live alone. Then I got a room and started living alone. While I worked, I earned about $750 a month, and I saved my money about $600 a month. Although I got about $350 per two months as a bonus, I did not have enough money to live. In winter, I could not heat my room. I just relied on an electronic carpet and three blankets. My parents wanted to help me, but I rejected. I wanted to live myself. Sometimes I felt difficult, but I was able to endure it because of my dream, going to Australia.

After two years, I finished my duty. Finally, I saved more than $17,000. When I told other people about this story, they were surprised, and they said how I could do that. Some of them thought I was crazy. However, I do not think so because I had a dream. Now I am in America. Although my purpose was Australia, it is not a big deal. Things happen. Anyway, I think this experience is good for me. I leaned the worth of money and the way of living myself. I will never forget this experience, and I will think about this when I feel hard.

--------------------------------
Writing is very difficult. Speaking is more difficult. When can I be good at English?

2 comments:

bitjaruu said...

I thought that your Engish ability is good. You were very difficult time.
I am sorry for that I could not help you.

cheer up dalyoung

Dalyoung, Lee said...

I have no idea what you are talking about;
Study grammar~